Honest, Professional and Experienced Help, personalized for you.
Buying a Home is certainly going to be one of the biggest financial decisions you make your life time and at TLC Realty Group we know how important it is to know all of the ins and outs of the process. The list below are just some of the things to think about as you set out on this exciting adventure. We want you to be well equipped with all of the knowledge, partners and tools you will need to make the best choices to suit your needs.
* Know your buying power by securing your financing up front before you begin your home search. This means, contact a local, experienced mortgage lender. Know that not all mortgage lenders are the same and they offer different products, services and rates. Shop them and educate yourself on the products. Ask about special programs for 1st time home buyers, Veteran Programs and any other special programs based on your employment or background.
* Interview Real Estate Professionals and ask questions such as: How long have you been a Real Estate Agent? When are you available to show me homes? What is your preferred form of communication? Texting, Emailing, Phone?
* What is your wish list for your 1st Home Purchase?
- Location (School District, Close to Work, Close to Family, etc)
- Size of Home?
- Do you have pets you need to accommodate?
- Are you handy and can you afford to purchase a home that needs repairs?
- Is parking a must?
- Write it all down...some compromises may need to be made along the way on your first home, but know that a good Real Estate Agent will work hard to find everything on your list, or at least most everything.
* Most of all, know that finding and purchasing your 1st home or any home for that matter should not be a painstaking task with the right Real Estate Agent by your side. Your agent should put you at ease, help you find properties that match the criteria you are looking for, align you with professionals in the area like home inspectors, real estate attorneys, great mortgage lenders and work through all of the paperwork and negotiate the best price for you.
DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!